Sunday 5 June 2016

Dark Angel Army Update - Number 1

Hey there!

In this post, I will quickly talk about what I currently have for my DA, and what I want to perhaps get in the future.

What do I have at the moment?

At the moment I have:



  • 10 Deathwing Knights
  • 10 Deathing Terminators
  • 1 Deathwing Command Squad
  • 3 Black Knights
  • 6 Ravenwing Bikes
  • 1 Land Raider Redeemer 
  • Ezekiel
  • Azrael
  • 1 Terminator Librarian
  • 2 Librarians
  • 1 Company Master
So, looking at it, I have a fairly large DA army.

So when I first opened the codex, I instantly fell in love with the Deathwing. I thought the idea of guys in suits, designed to survive in the harshest conditions, was pretty sweet. I think my love of them can be seen in the number of terminators I own...

When DA got a 7th ed codex, I was disappointed, but happy at the same time. Deathwing took a slight nerf, but, in my opinion, Deathwing Knights got better. Furthermore, Ravenwing got a massive boost. This made me start wanting more bikers.

I've always liked the idea of guys using magic type powers in the distant, technological future. So when DA got their own psychic discipline, I flipped out.

So, what do I want to perhaps get in the future/work towards?

  • Biker Librarian
  • Ravenwing Black Knights
  • Ravenwing Land Speeders
  • Ravenwing Darkshroud/Land Speeder Vengeance
  • Tactical Squads
  • Assault Squad
  • Devastator Squad
So, I think my plans might be quite obvious. But in case they're not, let me break it down.
I am wanting to work towards several of the book's formations.

I am wanting the Land Speeders to complete the two Ravenwing formations.
The libby on the bike, is just to complete my Librarius Conclave. A biker libby will add some diversity and speed, making it easy to place psychic powers where needed.
The Black Knights are just for... well I just want more :D
And finally, I want to build the only aspect of DA that I am lacking in... the Greenwing!
So I want to work towards the Battle Demi-Company. Having this will allow me to create a full Lion's Blade Strike Force, giving me that lovely full BS overwatch.

Of course, all of these units and formations won't be used on a daily basis all in one army. But it's good to have a variety of units to mix and match from, to make games more interesting.

So, that is my current army and what I want to do in the future.

If you have any questions and/or tips on what I should get, or what lists I should try, leave a comment down below, and I'll be sure to answer it.

Thanks, and goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment